Thursday 6 January 2011

Oxfam never fails me

I brought this beautiful bracelet on Tuesday in good ol' trusty Oxfam (same place I found this gem of a leopard print coat!).  I don't usually wear bracelets or watches, I find wearing anything on my wrists sort of irritating, but I just fell in love with this quirky exception.  Four lockets to some day place four lovely photographs :)
I also picked up this retro wooden puzzle.  I'm a little bit obsessed with anything circus themed at the moment, this will most likely be inspiring my new Kakes Makes collection :)

In other news, my plan to make a dress had begun!  I brought this utterly amazing from ebay (it arrived today!), and have already cut out all of my pattern pieces.  I am sort of trying to combine two patterns together and have made some alterations to the hems, I have real trouble with just simply following instructions!  So, fingers crossed that it will be a huge success!  I might attempt the sewing tomorrow evening...

7 comments:

  1. Don't forget to follow the grain of your fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I'm going charity shop hunting on the weekend. There is is town close to me that has about 10 chairty shops and it's quite a posh area so I always find fab things.
    Love that fabric, please post some pictures of the finished product :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelet is so lovely, and the endearing thing about lockets is the hidden aspect of storing a cherished photograph inside!

    The fabric is very lovely too, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Jigsaw is awesome, I currently have a circus-freak range (work in progress) and am also obsessed with anything Circus/Carnival related right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG awesome fabric! And a great bracelet, just wanna find one and stick tiny pictures in it hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty bracelet, great find! Also, I can't wait to see the dress you make! I haven't yet attempted to sew a garment, so I'm jealous of your skills :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...