Sunday 8 August 2010

Nottingham

I have just returned home after a splendid weekend in Nottingham! One of my best friends, Tate, had a leaving party on Saturday night as she is moving to London soon to do her MA in Fine Art at Goldsmiths. We, with our friend Ruth and my boyfriend Steve, went to Nottingham Contemporary where there is currently a Diane Arbus exhibition - she is one of my favourite artists and her work is such an inspiration to me. We also has the privilege of having our portraits taken by Peter Anderson, it was fun, but I'm not a great model and felt quite self conscious having to pose for a photograph! In about 4 weeks, we should receive a print in the post (for free!), so I will be sure to post it, as long as he chooses one which I find acceptable! I wore my new vintage Marks and Spencers dress yesterday, I love it! I brought it in a charity shop in Leicester for £10.

At the gallery, there is also currently a photo booth set up (which is again, free!) This set above was my favourite, I particularly love the first photograph, it's always the natural, unexpected photographs that are the most interesting. Me and Steve could totally be in a band.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...