Monday 8 August 2011

making a house a home

Source: leberpr.com via Katie on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Katie on Pinterest



Source: purlbee.com via Katie on Pinterest


I have recently become more obsessed with homewares than ever before.  Certainly for the past few years, I have loved buying things for either my room at University, and then for mine and Steves current home, our first home together.  We will soon be moving, and I'm starting to feel quite overwhelmed by it all.  We have already started sifting though our belongings and making piles for the bin, recycling, charity shop, car boot sale and ebay.  I have been ruthless in getting rid of anything that I wouldn't mind if I left behind.  Surely there is nothing worse than packing and unpacking things that you don't even like or want anymore?  There will most definitely be tears shed when we leave this place.  But it's also exciting.  There will be a new home, and then I hope, one day in the not too distant future, we will finally be able to own a property (although, judging by the current financial circumstance, that will probably be a long way off!).  The photographs above were found on the delightful Pinterest, I have got into the habit of spending just a few minutes a day having a peruse through all of the wonderful and inspiring things.  The home themed photographs above are all taken from my home sweet home board, and I feel that they sum up the aspirations I have for our home.  One day :)

I think that these riots in London have made me all sentimental tonight.  What a sad thing to be happening.  I feel very lucky to be snuggled up on our sofa.

9 comments:

  1. I love pinterest, I will have to follow you on there for some interior inspiration. I have felt very melancholy tonight about these riots too, it's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are so inspiring :)
    Ben and his friend are moving out soon to start uni and I am building up a collection of some geeky homeware for them :) It is actually really fun looking for stuff online and makes me excited to move out when I am older.
    I am totally with you about the London riots, it is so terrible :( Glad I am in a sleepy little seaside town right now <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. that first table...YES, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks from Pinterest, it is a visual feast for interior inspiration. makes me feel like such a grown up now that I want to shop for home goods! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are rather lovely, I especially like the idea of framing pretty fabric in embroidary hoops.
    I know what you mean about London - it's just horrible and unsettling.
    Sarah
    52weeksof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hello on the door! And I know how you feel about a new found love in buying homewares... since I've moved out to start uni I feel I'd rather buy a new duvet set than clothes or make-up. Or even food as the case may be at times.
    I still can't get my head round whats happening in London, everytime I open the paper and watch the news the past few days I'm in total shock. It's just insane :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your move! Whenever I move, I always like to do a big clean-out of things that I don't need or want anymore. Then you can start over fresh in a new space and make new memories. I really love the photos you've chosen! I've always wanted one of those libraries with the tall ladder to reach the top shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that top photo. I did a clean sweep in my whole house- and i realized I should just keep what I love- It's just really stuff and there is so much stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flowers. Birds. Piles and piles and PILES of books. I think I just died a little bit because of this awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...