Tuesday, 21 June 2011
what Katie made
So here it is, finally! The first garment that I have ever made that a) fits me and b) is made well enough that I feel comfortable wearing it out of the house! I have to say, I am so proud of myself :) Seeing as I had attempted it once, and made many mistakes, the second attempt was much easier and quicker to construct! I thought that using cotton may be a problem as it's not stretchy (the top has no fastenings) but it fits really well. I have so far worn it twice since I made it just over a week ago, and I think it shall have many more outings! I really want to make lots now in different colours and patterns and experiment with altering the collar. The pattern was an old Prima one that I found in a charity shop in the Lake District for 50p - making the total cost way under £10. I have most certainly caught the dress making bug.
Posted by whatkatiefound at 10:32 am