Wednesday 15 June 2011

my vegan week part 3

Day three

Today I had a yummy lunch - lots and lots of salad!  I really do love salad, such a vegetarian cliche as well, i.e. rabbit food.  
I have noticed today that I have generally started to feel much better about myself, I seem to have a bit more energy since ditching the dairy three days ago.  It will be interesting to see whether or not this remains to be true by the end of the week.  I have also been feeling much more full than usual, and this is a real surprise to me!  Normally after meals, I still feel hungry, but that's not happened at all yet this week.  
I was lent a booked called Veganomicon by a friend, and had a look through it last night.  It has some really tempting recipes in it, I think that I might just have to buy a copy for myself!  I'm still not sure I could become a vegan full time though, but I'm still thinking about eating a vegan diet from Monday to Friday, giving myself a chance to nibble some cheese at the weekends!

Breakfast
Two slices of brown seeded toast with pure sunflower spread with (too much) marmite, and a glass of water.
I had to do some scraping, my lovely boyfriend made me breakfast, but hasn't mastered the marmite application process as he hates the stuff!

An apple at break.
I'm seriously obsessed with granny smith apples <3

Lunch
A big, fat salad (mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, yellow pepper and grated carrot), topped with houmous and linseed, a soya yogurt, a banana and a bottle of water.

A homemade banana and oat muffin when I arrived home from work.

Dinner (yet to be eaten!)
Fajitas (peppers, onions, tomatoes, marinated tofu pieces in seeded wraps).


I'm off to my dress making class in about an hour, so Steve will be preparing the fajitas in time for when I get home - I can't wait, nom!
I have some more vegan banana muffins in the oven right now, and will be doing a post all about how to make them when I get home tonight (after eating the fajitas, obv).


Sorry that there are no photographs today, but to make up for it, here is a video that I think you will enjoy!  Also, lots of thanks to everyone that has left comments or tweeted me with recipes and advice, it is much appreciated :)


1 comment:

  1. I only lasted a few weeks, I found it so hard when I was at uni but maybe it would be a little easier now I'm back at home. There is a great shop in Cardiff called Beanfreaks which stocks lots of lovely vegan and health goodies, I should check it out xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...