Thursday 30 June 2011

Katies adventures in dress making land part eight

I had such a long day yesterday, what with having to stay at work a bit later for an open evening, and then driving straight to my dress making class until 9pm (luckily, my friend Vicky gave me a yummy cookie to give me a bit of a sugar rush!).  I felt like I was moving in slow motion, I was not in a particularly productive mood. I have now inserted both sleeves in my dress though, although doing one took about an hour!  I kept catching a small bit of the fabric, causing an overlap, everytime!  Luckily, Janet saved the day!  Typically, the second one was sewn in with no problems at all.  I also pressed and stitched the wrap over vent at the back of the dress, but unfortunately ran out of time to hem it - that is Monday's job :)



Knowledge
  • Always tack sleeves and zips.
  • To always use the same (thickness) of thread on the top of the machine as the one in the bobbin case.
Mistakes
  • Sewing my tacks too big.
  • Having to re-stitch about 1" of my sleeve to the body of the dress three times.
I'm sorry that my dress making posts have been quite boring, and that it is taking me so long to make it!  I am hoping to start a new dress next week, so there will be something new to look at :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the print on the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great Katie, the dress is looking adorable! Just think how much quicker your next dress will be, considering everything you've been learning with this one ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...