Sunday 3 April 2011

looking at Spring from my window

I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment - I've had a cold (or possibly flu?) since Friday.  Yesterday I spent 12 hours on our sofa with my duvet optimistically thinking I would be right as rain today, but sadly not :(  I was going to visit my Mum today too (as it is Mothers Day), but my parents live 100 miles away, and I don't think I would have managed the journey very well.  Even our brief trip to our local car boot sale this morning, which I thought would make me feel better - fresh air and all that - has ended up making me feel worse, and given me additional symptoms. Boo. 
So, here I am once again on the sofa with the duvet, my third packet of tissues and the TV for company, looking out of our big living room window at the beautiful, sunny Spring day, and feeling bitter that my fun filled weekend unfairly didn't commence.
BUT  to cheer myself up, I have been browsing the internet and thinking about how I am going to spend my Topshop vouchers that I got for my birthday (when I'm well enough to hit the shops!) This little montage is my inspiration for the up and coming months, although realistically I am likely to buy any of it, but will instead be looking for alternatives in Charity shops, on eBay or customising or making my own.  I am in the middle of making my first ever skirt at the moment, but awaiting a zipper foot for my sewing machine.  It is blue and white gingham, but if all goes well, I really want to make a floral one (similar to the Topshop one below).  Similarly, I love the scalloped shorts, but I'm sorry, £32?  I'm thinking old jeans and my fabric scissors should do the trick!
looking out the window at Spring
looking out the window at Spring by whatkatiefound

Oh, and amongst all of the moaning earlier, I almost forgot some exciting news - I have sold my first item on my new Etsy shop!!  And tomorrow it will be flying half way across the world to Australia :) Hip Hip Hooray!  I have also been working on some new necklaces ready for the next ABC, hopefully will get my energy back soon so I can finish them!
I'm off now to await the arrival of the pancakes that my wonderful boyfriend is making me, and until then I will continue to watch Sunday trash television :)
I hope that you've all had a more productive weekend, and are enjoying these lighter Spring evenings!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Love all those goodies, I was eyeing up the shorts too but they are a bit ridiculously priced... Let us know if you make your own, may want a tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the Uniqlo tee, i want that! Hope your skirt making goes well + your feeling better soon!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first sell!

    I love that little tank/skirt ensemble above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,
    I haven't commented here before but congrats on selling your first item in your etsy shop.
    I hope you soon feel better. Sounds like you have a lot planned.
    I saw you at a recent vintage fair.I wrote a blogpost about the fair. Would you like to have a look? you might have to scroll down just a bit.

    http://thecreativemissw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better!

    Also, just to let you know, I've tagged you in my Kreativ Blogger Award post! :D

    http://aboutabbie.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreativ-blogger-award-and-10-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, this is just a message to say that I've tagged you for a Kreativ Blogger Award :)

    Just in case you don't know, the idea is that you now nominate ten other bloggers and list ten facts about yourself! And then just link whoever nominated you in the post!

    http://simplydaisybelle.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...