Sunday 17 April 2011

Curiosity Haus Craft and Design Fair






Yesterday I held a stall at the Curiosity Haus Craft and Design Fair, and I am sad to say, it was rather disappointing as fairs go :(  I did feel that the cost of the stall was a bit pricey, but took the risk as my last fair with them (which was at Sneinton Market in Nottingham), went pretty well.  The sudden burst of sunshine was potentially the reason for the very slow amount of people stopping by.  On the up side though, I did get to talk to lots of other very talented crafters, and even got to have a really good chin wag with a friend who I've not seen in ages!  I also did a 'craft swap' with another stall holder - I exchanged some bunting for a completely amazing bracelet.  It's gold, with a little gold disc hanging from it, which says 'going steady' with a silhouette of a boy and a girl.  So random, and I LOVE it!
Oh, and here is a quick snap of me in one of the many new (second hand) items that I have acquired lately - a handmade blue and white polka dot shift dress, 99p from eBay!  What an absolute bargain, and it fits perfectly :)  My big bag of clothing for eBay is still sat here, I'm hoping to get some things listed this evening.  I also went to a car boot sale this morning, and found some more treasures, so that's yet another post waiting to be written!

I hope you're all having a great weekend, and that it's sunny wherever you are! 

12 comments:

  1. your stall looks INCREDIBLE! That dress looks lovely too, and what a steal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall looks amazing! I love the layout, it's like a treasure trove. And I really like the blue dress, what a bargain! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous and so does your stall, shame the fair was a bit disappointing. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved you stall pictures, such a shame it wasn't busier! I have my eye on your doily necklaces...might have to purchase one off Etsy once I get paid!!!

    Your blue polka dot dress is to die for by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, your stall looks brilliant :D And can't wait to see your boot sale finds! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stall looks amazing! Very original + cute-its a shame it wasnt busier for you! +i cannot believe your blue polka dot dress was only 99p, it is beautiful!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, wish we had one of these by me, you should be so proud xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you were disappointed! But, you have some really amazing things. I absolutely love the purses made from recycled ties, such a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is so cute! I also love those doily necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am currently overloaded by awesomeness. i love that dress on you btw. looks like a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stall looks AMAZING! Everytime you post pictures up of your craft fair table they seem to get better and better to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie,
    Just came across this post, Sorry things didn't go so well for you at this fair. It was disappointing that it was quite quiet, but we have had several really successful events at the Orange Tree, so I am gutted to hear that you didn't have a good day in sales.

    I am always trying to improve the events and my job as the event organiser is to make sure all my stall holders are happy. It would be great if you had sent this feedback to me personally as well.

    I hope it doesn't put you or any of your readers off attending our future fairs, as we are really looking forward to the Christmas season of events this year, and would be delighted to have you back!

    The pictures look great!
    Hope to see you again soon
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...