Monday 15 November 2010

a handmade Christmas (9)

I am a little bit over excited about writing this post, because this person is someone that I have known for a few years now, and I have been able to see how her beautiful illustrations have developed over that time.  A few months ago I was even lucky enough to partake in a 'craft swap' with her, where she became the proud owner of a Kakes Makes cassette tape brooch, and in return I received two of her prints.  They now have pride of place in our craft room :)


So, what is the name of this illustrator? I hear you cry.  It is the super Amy Blackwell!  She also has a delightful website which is not only a great read, but also a visual treat!


A little more about Amy.  She is based in Nottingham and is a member of the Nottingham Craft Mafia.  She is creative in so many ways, if she's not doodling, she's knitting or baking or doing something that inspires me to get up and start making!  


It has been a real challenge choosing some of Amy's work to feature, because I genuinely love it all, but here goes :)





In keeping with the Christmas theme, I have also included some of Amy's more festive illustrations :)

Head over to Amy's Etsy shop to view a stunning selection of prints, greetings cards, bags, badges and more!  There are some very charming items for sale which would make great gifts for your loved ones.  I brought my friend Laura and her boyfriend the at home on the sea print as a housewarming present in the summer, and it was very well received!


Many thanks to Amy for allowing me to use so many of her illustrations for this post!  I hope that you all enjoy taking a look at her wonderful doodles and other crafty ventures :)

5 comments:

  1. Such wonderful illustrations, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the illustrations! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these illustrations are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, I love her teacup badges! Very tempted by them :D x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...